Skip to main content

African Hair Threading on MG3 (VideoTutorial)


You can watch how I fumbled my way through this one here.

Comments

  1. This is so funny, coz I recently decided to be doing my kids hair at home so as to avoid heat stretching and the first thing that came to my mind was the "African Threading". I was also suprised at how it really stretched her hair, especially after applying some oil to the wet hair and threading it. I remeber my mom used to do this as alot when we were kids. Alot of people here still use it as a way of managing natural hair. Am in Zambia located in Southern Africa. Youre doing it well though. Using a long string/thread helps with long hair, if it finnishes along the way, just tie a new one to the old one and continue on to the end. Also tie a knot at the end lie you would tie a string around the mouth of a sack to close it up and you are done.

    Thanks for the kids hair care site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please leave that baby's hair alone!

I'll never forget the first time I saw Mocha Girl One (HmG) . She was an emergency c-section, and had to spend several days in NICU. She was born four days past her estimated due date and looked huge in her incubator. I imagined her to be especially delicate and feminine. I couldn't wait to frill her up, and more importantly to do her hair ! The only reason she wasn't sporting a barrette the day we took her home from the hospital, was because the one I brought to match her lacey outfit, slid right out. Mocha Girl One's baby hair was silky straight and fine. As the weeks rolled by, it became wavier until she had a lovely curly fro. I washed it all the time . I brushed it several times a day . I tried snap clips, and moved to velcro barrets when the clips slid out. I bought a different head band for every outfit. Meanwhile her curls continued to wind tighter and tighter. I kept everything in a pretty box, dubbed the hair bin . I was really frustrated at not b...

Mom, Why Can't Your Natural Hair be LONG and LOOSE?

Mocha Mom Speaks about Length Retention and Protective Styling

My hair on the day I put in my Braidlocks before the shrinkage set in. I considered making another video, but opted to return to my first love--writing. I've been reflecting on the many responses I've received on my Hot Topic: The Tangle Teezer is Breaking my Hair video. I've been wondering if there's a little more to my success story. There was a time my daughters' hair remained the same length year after year. I thought their hair wasn't growing or had reached terminal length--meaning their hair had grown as long as it could possibly grow. It never occurred to me that their hair was breaking off at the ends as quickly as it was growing in from the roots. Culturally, as people of African descent, we do many things to our hair that's death to our ends. I never set out to retain length. Something changed in me during a completely unrelated experience. I talk about it in detail in my post Her mother needs to do her...