Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day and Daddy Power!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Valentines Day! I've been fighting a stomach bug since Friday and haven't given much thought to today. My plan was to sneak away on Saturday to pick up something special for my sweetie. Unfortunately, I stayed in my room in nauseous misery all weekend. So when I walked into the kitchen this morning to a table adorned with a massive arrangement of gorgeous flowers, chocolates and balloons I was a little confused at first--then delighted. A great sense of peace settled over me as I noted that the presentation wasn't only for me. There was an arrangement for all the girls as well (even our son was given a little something).

My parents divorced when I was very young and my Dad was absent. I always associated Valentines Day with handsome princes sweeping worthy princesses off their feet. Perhaps any worthless prince who dressed the part would have done it for me--but for the grace of God. There was definitely a place in me that longed for paternal devotion and validation. Every Mocha Princess deserves to be celebrated by her father. We're doing it big today...hope you are too!

2 comments:

  1. How marvellous!! Love it. Happy Valentine's Day ... though from your post it already is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so awesome! How thoughtful of him. He's setting a wonderful example for the girls and your son.

    ReplyDelete