Skip to main content

Why I Am Inspired by the Black Panther Movie (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

  1. One of the reasons that we homeschool is to individualize their studies. One of the books we read together is What Color Is My World, The Lost History of African-American Inventors. What an eye-opener that was about all the black inventors that are not even credited let alone known. That got us more interested in black inventors and led us to the Black Stars series of African American Inventors. Why aren't any of these people even mentioned in history books when they played such a vital role in important inventions? My daughter's hair stylist recently told me that her children are pulled out of the regular classroom to be taught black history. What?! Why aren't all children taught black history?! The public school in my opinion is flawed in major ways, being taught selective history is only one.
    We loved Black Panther BTW! I was so thrilled for my sons and daughter to see such strong and beautiful black people in one movie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please leave that baby's hair alone!

I'll never forget the first time I saw Mocha Girl One (HmG) . She was an emergency c-section, and had to spend several days in NICU. She was born four days past her estimated due date and looked huge in her incubator. I imagined her to be especially delicate and feminine. I couldn't wait to frill her up, and more importantly to do her hair ! The only reason she wasn't sporting a barrette the day we took her home from the hospital, was because the one I brought to match her lacey outfit, slid right out. Mocha Girl One's baby hair was silky straight and fine. As the weeks rolled by, it became wavier until she had a lovely curly fro. I washed it all the time . I brushed it several times a day . I tried snap clips, and moved to velcro barrets when the clips slid out. I bought a different head band for every outfit. Meanwhile her curls continued to wind tighter and tighter. I kept everything in a pretty box, dubbed the hair bin . I was really frustrated at not b

Weight Loss Journey | Holiday Weight Gain

Hey Mocha Family, I can't believe I am packing twenty extra pounds! I guess weight management comes to everyone sooner or later. Can I smirk at the younger me who didn't own a scale and could eat whatever she wanted? Here is what I am doing to kick off my weight loss journey. I don't expect to lose twenty pounds in twenty one days. Instead I hope to break some really bad habits and restart my body for the New Year. With more than a decade of experience fasting like this, I know this works well for me. Be blessed!

16 Month Lock Update: Styling Session