Skip to main content

Homeschooling Multiple Kids is a Trip!




Don't I look crazy in this picture?

Well, homeschooling multiple kids gets a little crazy for me! Sometimes I find that most of the day has gone by, and if we didn't have to leave the house for an errand, I may still be in my pajamas.  As the day progresses, an apron may get added to the ensemble.  I am sure the UPS man thinks I have no sense of fashion.  I got many chuckles on Facebook after posting the following scenario, which plays out at our house often, so I thought I'd post it here:

Mom is working with her kindergartner,"Silent E makes the vowel say its name but---"

Kid 1 yells from across the room," Mom, she took my book! Give me back my book! Give me back my BOOK!"

Mom: "Silent E makes the vowel say its name but---"

Kid 2 yells from upstairs, "Mom, I HATE math!  This doesn't make any sense.  Can you help me?"

Mom: "Silent E---GIVE ME A MINUTE--silent E"---

Kid 1 taps Mom on the shoulder, "Kid 3 says her arm hurts, but I told her not to touch my book!"

Mom: "Did you hurt her arm?"

Kid 2: "What about my math Mom?"

Kid 3 is crying and wailing that her arm is broken, but Mom can see it is clearly not broken.  She tries to calm her down with hugs and kisses while scolding Kid 1 for being too rough.

Mom: "Where is Kid 5? It's almost noon! Is he still in bed?"

Mom walks back to Kindergartner,"Silent E makes the vowel say its name, but shhhhhhhhh...he is very quiet.  He doesn't say anything."

Why can't kids be like Silent E ya'll?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please leave that baby's hair alone!

I'll never forget the first time I saw Mocha Girl One (HmG) . She was an emergency c-section, and had to spend several days in NICU. She was born four days past her estimated due date and looked huge in her incubator. I imagined her to be especially delicate and feminine. I couldn't wait to frill her up, and more importantly to do her hair ! The only reason she wasn't sporting a barrette the day we took her home from the hospital, was because the one I brought to match her lacey outfit, slid right out. Mocha Girl One's baby hair was silky straight and fine. As the weeks rolled by, it became wavier until she had a lovely curly fro. I washed it all the time . I brushed it several times a day . I tried snap clips, and moved to velcro barrets when the clips slid out. I bought a different head band for every outfit. Meanwhile her curls continued to wind tighter and tighter. I kept everything in a pretty box, dubbed the hair bin . I was really frustrated at not b

Weight Loss Journey | Holiday Weight Gain

Hey Mocha Family, I can't believe I am packing twenty extra pounds! I guess weight management comes to everyone sooner or later. Can I smirk at the younger me who didn't own a scale and could eat whatever she wanted? Here is what I am doing to kick off my weight loss journey. I don't expect to lose twenty pounds in twenty one days. Instead I hope to break some really bad habits and restart my body for the New Year. With more than a decade of experience fasting like this, I know this works well for me. Be blessed!

16 Month Lock Update: Styling Session