Skip to main content

Ask Mocha Mom: Can I REALLY Homeschool?

Comments

  1. I like your quiet time idea (as a homeschool mom of 6 years). I do this somewhat when my younger one naps, but I need to make it more of a habit - and now I might be able to do it without guilt :) The problem I run into is field trips. Almost every homeschool field trip is between 1-3, so I feel guilty that my oldest (in grade 5) rarely gets to do the field trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do homeschool field trips. Ours are usually in the morning and I am home by quiet time. Our trips are once a month. If I only had access to field trips during quiet time I would STILL do the field trips. Dropping quiet time once week is fine. I use this tool to help me recharge. I don't allow it to prevent me from capitalizing on opportunities which would benefit my entire family. If I can enjoy my quiet time most days I'm fine. I'll have an occasional week where I'm missing it left and right. Those are not my best weeks but I make it through. I try to use wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please leave that baby's hair alone!

I'll never forget the first time I saw Mocha Girl One (HmG) . She was an emergency c-section, and had to spend several days in NICU. She was born four days past her estimated due date and looked huge in her incubator. I imagined her to be especially delicate and feminine. I couldn't wait to frill her up, and more importantly to do her hair ! The only reason she wasn't sporting a barrette the day we took her home from the hospital, was because the one I brought to match her lacey outfit, slid right out. Mocha Girl One's baby hair was silky straight and fine. As the weeks rolled by, it became wavier until she had a lovely curly fro. I washed it all the time . I brushed it several times a day . I tried snap clips, and moved to velcro barrets when the clips slid out. I bought a different head band for every outfit. Meanwhile her curls continued to wind tighter and tighter. I kept everything in a pretty box, dubbed the hair bin . I was really frustrated at not b

Weight Loss Journey | Holiday Weight Gain

Hey Mocha Family, I can't believe I am packing twenty extra pounds! I guess weight management comes to everyone sooner or later. Can I smirk at the younger me who didn't own a scale and could eat whatever she wanted? Here is what I am doing to kick off my weight loss journey. I don't expect to lose twenty pounds in twenty one days. Instead I hope to break some really bad habits and restart my body for the New Year. With more than a decade of experience fasting like this, I know this works well for me. Be blessed!

16 Month Lock Update: Styling Session